Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nothing's basic enough.

I always get mad at editors when they tell writers their stories are "just" going online.'

Online has tons of advantages to print news. I could rattle them off, but then I'd get off topic. No one's arguing with me here. Just because your article doesn't make it into a print edition certainly doesn't mean it doesn't get read, and it doesn't mean it doesn't have impact. If we can still get sued with a "just online" story, we can certainly make a positive impact as well.

Yes, I talk the talk.

I'd love to have a very strong web presence. But I kind of want someone else to do all the building for me. Unfortunately, web designers are expensive.

So tonight I tried to make my own web page. Unfortunatley I have failed so far.

I activated my hosting space on the school's Web site. I bought a domain. but I couldn't figure out where to go from there.

I feel like if I'm having trouble this early in the process I might should be worriedt.

There are so many steps. I tried it all. Asking for hep. Googling it. I feel like that's a major problem with a lot of site building FAQ's: nothing's basic enough. I was so lost the entire time, and I didn't know which was host and which was domain, all the basic terms that seem so obvious once you hear them are too hard to find to lok to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment